Prescription medications and drugs from Canada1-866-633-7842 M-F 9-6
Prices:  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Search
 Print and fill out this Customer Info & Consent Form   before your first order       SITE MAP 

       
           
   

Why Ordering From Canada Still Makes Sense
(Part 1 of 3)

MEDICARE TOPICS
Part 1 of 3
Why Ordering From
Canada Still Makes Sense
Part 2 of 3
Factors To Consider
When Selecting A Plan
Part 3 of 3  
Comparison of Medicare
and Meds Via Canada

Medicare Part D provides good prescription coverage for many Americans. However, there are some people, some medical conditions, some drugs, and some other factors that continue to make ordering from Canada a lower-cost alternative.

Why Ordering From Canada Still Makes Sense (Table 1)
Drugs That Are Not Covered If you can find a formulary that includes all of the drugs that you are currently taking, you've done a good job. However, that may be an impossible task. If you can't find a plan with all of the drugs that you are currently taking, you will have to pay for them yourself. In this case, ordering those non-covered drugs from Canada may be more affordable than purchasing them locally.
Your Doctor Prescribes A New Drug That Is Not Covered If, during the year, your doctor prescribes a new drug for you, and that drug isn't on your plan because you didn't know your doctor was going to add to your prescriptions, you will have to pay for that drug yourself. In this case, ordering that non-covered drug from Canada may be more affordable than purchasing it locally.
Membership Fees Plus Monthly Premiums Are Higher Than The Canadian Price If you have a high initial membership, and a high monthly premium, you could be paying more over the entire year than if you had bought your medications from a local pharmacy. This is especially true if you are only taking a few medications, and the membership or monthly premiums are high. In this case, selecting a plan with lower payments and ordering the lower cost drugs from Canada makes sense.
Drugs That Are Not Available In The U.S. There are many drugs that are not available in the U.S. that are still prescribed by U.S. physicians (eg. "Domperidone"). If these drugs are available in Canada, ordering them from Canada makes sense.
Coverage Gap, the "Doughnut Hole" If your Medicare Part D plan has a coverage gap, or "doughnut hole", you will pay full retail price for prescriptions in that gap. For example, many plans have good coverage for the first $2,500, then no coverage at all between $2,500 and $5,000, then excellent coverage beyond that. If your estimated total prescription expenses for the year will be between $3,500 and $5,500, you would do better to buy the low-cost medicine from Canada once you reach that gap at $2,500. Here's how some plans work: you get 75% coverage for the first $2,500, with an initial membership fee of $250, and a monthly fee of $30.

Calculation Assumptions
Your Yearly Drug Costs $5,000.00
Initial Membership $250.00
Monthly Premiums $20.00
Coverage Below $2,500/year 75%

After the first $2,500 of prescriptions, (ie 6 Months) you have spent 25% of $2,500 ($625), plus your initial membership fee of $250, plus 6 months of premiums at $20 ($120). You have spent $995 for $2,500 worth of medicine, which is 39.9%, and Medicare has covered the remaining 60.1%.

First 6 Months, $2,500 worth of Drugs
Out of Pocket Value
of Drugs
You Paid (%) Medicare
Paid (%)
$995 $2,500 39.9% 60.1%

Now, the next $2,500 comes directly out of your pocket, so over the next six months, you will have another 6 months of monthly premiums, plus $2,500 of actual expenses, so you've spent another $2,620. Over the entire year, you have spent $995 + $2,620 = $3,615, and received $5,000 dollars of value, so your spending percentage is 72.3%, and Medicare has covered the remaining 27.7%.

First YEAR, $5,000 worth of Drugs,
Your Plan Only
Out of Pocket Value
of Drugs
You Paid (%) Medicare
Paid (%)
$3,615 $5,000 72.3% 27.7%

If, on the other hand, the medications for the second half of the year are purchased from Meds Via Canada, at an average estimated savings of only 30%, your expenditures in the second half of the year would only be 70% of $2,500, or $1,750. You would still be paying your monthly premiums of $20 over 6 months ($120), for an out of pocket total of $1,870. Your yearly total is now $995 + $1,870 = $2,865. You have spent $2,865 and received $5,000 of drugs, for a spending percentage of only 57.3%, and an actual savings of ($3,615 - $2,865) $750 dollars. Medicare has now covered 42.8%.

First YEAR, $5,000 worth of Drugs,
Using Meds Via Canada
Out of Pocket Value
of Drugs
You Paid (%) Medicare
Paid (%)
$2,865 $5,000 57.3% 42.8%
You have saved $750.00

In fact, if your drug costs during the year are up to about $5,800 in total, you would do better to purchase the second half of your drugs from Meds Via Canada.


This example uses an estimated overall savings of 30% by ordering your medications from Canada, after your reach the first coverage limit of $2,500. It assumes a yearly membership of $250, mothly premiums of $20, and a co-pay of $0. Your actual savings may vary depending on the medications you take, and the membership and premium amounts that you pay.

MEDICARE TOPICS
Part 1 of 3
Why Ordering From
Canada Still Makes Sense
Part 2 of 3
Factors To Consider
When Selecting A Plan
Part 3 of 3  
Comparison of Medicare
and Meds Via Canada

For more information on how Medicare Part D affects you, or how you can get the most out of Medicare and still save money by ordering certain medications from Canada, please call us directly at 1-866-MEDSVIA (1-866-633-7842), and ask for our Medicare Specialist.

   
       
           
       
.
AGENT Resource page
CLICK HERE

LOGIN  |  SITEMAP

Price SEARCH!
 Fosamax   Plavix 
 Lipitor   Actonel 
 Premarin   Celebrex 
 Evista   Nexium 
 Zoloft   Zocor 
 Lopresor   Synthroid 

Home Checklist    FAQ    Daily News Partners Contact Doctors
  Medicare#1   Medicare#2   Medicare#3   Older News   Is it Legal?   External Links   SiteMap   Agent Tips   
Prices:  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Search
 Print and fill out this Customer Info & Consent Form   before your first order       Medicare Info 

  Mailing Address:  MEDS VIA CANADA  318 Keewatin Ave,  Toronto, Ontario  M4P 2A5  CANADA  

Best @ 800x600  |  http://MedsViaCanada.com  |  ©2004-2008 Toronto  |  Disclaimer  |  By: dav1d     v1.27